Conditions of Sale
1. All horses offered at auction are offered in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland and the laws of the State of Maryland shall govern all transactions related to this auction.
2. All purchases are shipped from Charlotte Hall, MD 20622, White Tail Farm. Buyer is responsble for all shipping arrangements and fees but White Tail Farm will gladly help coordinate transport.
3. Each horse offered in this sale will be sold "AS IS", with all faults, conditions and defects, if any. Horses sold shall be without warranty, expressed or implied, as to soundness, condition, merchantability, or fitness for any particular purpose.
4. Registration certificates are guarenteed. Horses sold with AMHA papers and completed/signed Transfers. Horses already AMHR registered will be sold with completed Transfers. Horses which are Eligible for AMHR will be sold with AMHR Applications completed (meaning on application). Any pending registration may be due to first time mothers requiring DNA, late stallion reports or age appropriate for DNA requirement prior to registration. Pending registrations are being processed and/or in office.
5. Every effort has been made to ascertain correct information, and to print the same in the Sale Catalog; however, White Tail Farm and Sales Management will neither assume nor accept responsibility for errors, omissions, or misstatements contained in the Sale Catalog. Announcements at the time of auction will take precedence over material contained in the catalog.
6. The auction sale is "an auction with reserve", that is, the owner shall have the right to establish a reserve (if any), a price under which the horses will not be sold.
7. Horses shall be sold to the highest bidder, subject to condition number 6. In the event any dispute arises between or among two or more bidders, the Seller shall have the sole authority and right to settle the dispute, as determined in the sole discretion of the seller and that decision shall be final and binding on all parties. Bids received after the close of the auction are not a basis for dispute. The Seller reserves the right to reject any and all bids.
8. Upon the winning bid, risk of loss and responsibility for the horse shall be upon the buyer. But White Tail Farm will provide feed, water and daily care for the horse during the grace period before pick up or shipment. See number 15 for more detail on grace period or extended stay.
9. Buyer agrees to issue payment to the seller within 24 hours following the conclusion of the auction sale.
10. Buyer agrees to hold the seller harmless from all losses, costs and expense, having to do with or rising from illness, injury or death of any animal offered or purchased, and any loss or damage to property and injury to persons, including death, caused by buyer, buyers agents, representatives or employees, or by the animal, following buyers purchase of an animal.
11. Notwithstanding, delivery of the horse purchased to buyer, Sales Management will retain all registration papers and transfers until payments have been verified, i.e. checks have cleared buyer’s bank, etc. Upon verification of payment, registration papers, along with properly executed transfer of ownership reports, and any other pertinent documents related to the animal purchased shall be prepared and mailed to the buyer.
12. All purchases shall be in the form of U.S. currency: bank transfer/wire, certified check, pay pal, or personal check if approved by seller. ALL BUYERS AND PROSPECTIVE BUYERS MUST ESTABLISH BUYER IDENTIFICATION PRIOR TO SALE. Personal checks will require us to hold papers until the checks clear.
13. Buyers who fail in any respect whatsoever to pay for horses, as provided in the Conditions of Sale and/or settlement procedures shall be declared in default. Any horse, for which full and complete settlement is not made, may be re-sold without notice to buyer, the cost of re-sale to be borne by buyer.
14. All horses will have a current, negative Coggins and health papers. The expense of $65 will be added to the cost of any horse sold for less than $1,000. Please be sure to calculate this additional cost when bidding.
15. Horses may remain at the seller's farm for a grace period of 30 days while pickup arrangements are made. After that period, or a period agreed upon by the seller and the buyer in writing or electronic communication, boarding fees will be charged. These fees will be established by the seller and should be considered prior to bidding on any animal in the sale. Rates will be as follows: Stallions $7.00 per day, Mares $6.00 per day and fillies or colts $5.00 per day. .
16. Seller has the right to substitute horses in the catalog as needed, without prior notification.
17. Sale will run from 5/5/2012 through 5/12/12 ending at 8 pm EST
NOTE: Questions regarding the auction or its running should be directed to Heather@marestare.com and questions regarding specific horses, hauling quotes etc. should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org for answers and clarifications.
____ End ____